Tuesday, July 24, 2007

8th July - My Wedding - Morning Event Part 1

This is a slightly backdated post as i am not in town for 2 weeks.

I woke up at 5.45am on the 8th of July to get myself ready for Event. After wash up, my parents help me to "shu tou". It is a traditional event for the parents to comb hair for bride and bridegroom. This event symbolizes good and long life. As my family is a typical chinese family, i pray to the god and ancestors.

At around 6.45am, the makeup artist(MUA), Jinyan arrived. She is really a good MUA. It took her only an hour to do makeup and hairstyle for me. Really professional. At around 7.30am, my friends arrived and they are going to help me on the event

We took photos together before Kin Mun arrived. At around 8.30am, Kin Mun was locked out of the door and my "Jie Meis" are asking for ang pows. My "Jie Meis" also asked him to eat 4 tastes of food. Sweet, Sour, Hot and Bitter. His "Xiong Dis" helped him out on all those. There is one killer food for Kin Mun. Mushroom. My "Jie Meis" had blended the mushroom into paste. It was super gross and what worse was that he dont dare to eat mushroom at all.

He hesistated for a while and ask if he can seek help but it was a flat NO from the "Jie Meis". He muster all his courage and take a spoon of the mushroom paste. He puked out immediately.

Then his elder brother intervened saying it late already. My "Jie Meis" insisted there are still time available. As my "Jie Meis" pity Kin Mun, they ask him to sing a song loud and clear so that i can hear from the room. Kin Mun is a soft spoken person so it is also hard for him to sing loud n clear.

In the end, he was let in. But that not the end yet. There is another test. That is he have to read "Ai De Xuan Yan" in mandarin. OMG. Kin Mun can speak in Mandarin but read in mandarin is a bit difficult for him.

"Ai De Xuan Yan" comprises all his promises to me and are all beneficial to me and disadvantage to me. He was made to sign on it too. LOL.

Finally, he got to see me and he was asked to knee down in front of me and kissed me. He was been teased too.

2 comments:

雁子 said...

Sound fun :D That will always be the funniest part :D My 'biao jie fu' was forced to eat wasabi 'tang yuan' and a super big banana... fun ler... :D

chocolatelover said...

ya lor.. i was laughing all the way in the room while waiting for him to come in