Sunday, February 25, 2007

Long Holiday Break

I just returned from my chinese new year trip to Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. My hubby's hometown. It is good break away from work and lazing around doing nothing except eating, sleeping and watching television program. Sounds like a pig huh!!! Haha.

I took a bus ride up on the 2nd day of the Lunar New Year. Took the morning bus at 9am. The journey took almost 10 hours before i reached ipoh. What a long journey!!! Traffic jam occurs when it is near to Ipoh. Usual only took 8 hours to travel back to ipoh.

Normally i wont mind even if i reach 7pm but on that day i need to rush for a relative's wedding. Upon arrival at the bus station, my hubby fetched me to the hotel where the wedding reception was held. Guess what!!!.. I need to change at the washroom of the hotel. What a way to get ready to attend a wedding reception.

The wedding started at around 7.30pm. Quite punctual though.(Invitation card written 7.30pm) How nice if Singaporean can practice this punctuality when attending wedding reception. Wedding reception in Singapore doesnt get start before 8.30pm.

The newlyweds came back from Perth, Australia to have this wedding reception. The bride is a australian, quite petite and pretty too. Since this wedding was during chinese new year, there was a lion dance. Lion Dance during a wedding, something special right.

Although the wedding reception was held in a restaurant of a hotel but the food is really poor, service no good and the cutlery are also not so clean. I had changed a few sets before i get a clean set of cutlery.

The wedding reception ends around 10.30pm and i reached home at around 11pm. Wanted to sleep after my bath, but who's knows my brother in law's friends came by so need to stay awake for a while.

Finally get to sleep at around 1am. What a long day!

No comments: